- Earth Day Presentation link to questionnaire
- Ted Talk - Global Climate Change- Bill Nye and James Hansen
- Want to find out more about climate change?- Some recommended sources.
- Mount Si High School's Green team is hosting a restoration project for Earth day and you are invited to come help!
- When: April 19th, 3-6 PM and April 22nd, 10-1 PM
Where: Kimball Slough- We will be meeting in front of the tennis courts behind the school (Meadowbrook SE). Follow the signs posted for the event.
What: We will be clearing/rooting out invasive blackberries, planting native plants (donated by the Snoqualmie Tribe) and sheet mulching site to improve wildlife habitat.
Why: This event is in honor of Earth Day. We would like to improve habitat and biodiversity in our local community!
Bring: water bottle/work clothes/durable shoes or boots (and enthusiasm) - gloves and tools provided as well as food and refreshments.
- Earth Day Presentation:
- Mr. Doug SmitMSHS Library
Post Earth Day Presentation Questionnaire /discussion.
- 101 ways to fight climate change
- +/- Feedback loops and The arctic canary in the coal mine- Cornell Notes- (videos posted below)
- Watch - Ted. Ed. on climate change and feedback loops.
- Be sure to turn in notes on feedback loops
- Review your model for the phenomenon:- “How can twins look so different?”
- What information do you need to improve your model and better understand this phenomenon?- post on a Post it and in this Google Form.
Post questions (above) that you have for further developing your model in the twins.
Why do yeast make good model organisms?
Assignment posted in Google Classroom- Work individually -
- The work of Mendel